Thursday, January 12, 2012

What an amazing week!!!

I feel so great right now! I had lost 1.8 pounds last week which was still a loss but I knew I could do better than that. So I set my weekly goal to eat healthier points, add more activity and cut out restaurant food completely and I lost 4 pounds this week!!!! The weeks when I lose that much seriously send a rush through me! It feels so good to see my hard work pay off! I use my pedometer to track my steps and my goal was to walk 5,000 to 6,000 steps per day which is about 2 - 2.8 miles. It wasn't easy because I sit at a desk 8 hours a day for work. But I took every opportunity to boost those steps up. I walked my kids to school, I walked around my office building, I parked as far away as I could at the store and even walked in place at the fax machine. Setting weekly goals is so important in this journey for me cause they are less intimidating and definitely easier to achieve!  My goal is to lose 85 total pounds by April 20th.  That's my family's big Disneyland trip!  So far I've lost 60 pounds and my goal is becoming more and more possible!    

No comments:

Post a Comment