Sunday, February 12, 2012

I am getting more and more comfortable in my own skin...and I love it!

I'm really starting to feel more comfortable being me. I used to be so worried about people staring at me everywhere I went. People used to look at me when I would buy certain things at the grocery store. I knew what they were thinking, "Should she really be buying that" My kids school was the worst place for me. Kids would stare at me like I was some kind of circus show. But now people just smile. Kids treat me like any other mom at school picking up their kids. Maybe it's just my confidence but I don't see very many people staring at me anymore. Of coarse it's something I notice and look for. It would make me feel so awful before. Now it doesn't even matter because I know I will get to a point where it doesn't ever happen. It's not only that. It's so many other things. It's bending over to tie my shoes or picking something up off the floor, getting dressed, even showering. All those things used to be difficult for me. Today, I was driving out of the grocery store parking lot and I saw 3 runaway carts getting ready to hit someones car. I threw my car in park and ran to the carts to stop them and put them away. When I got in the car, I thought to myself, "Did I just run to those carts?" Yes, the old me would have been way too lazy, not to mention embarrassed, to stop them. I know that seems silly, but it's one of those aha moments that are significant in my journey. I am just looking forward to life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment