Thursday, March 8, 2012

I feel alive!

Ok, so I finally mustered up the courage to tell my story to a personal trainer at the gym last week and we had our first official session on Tuesday night. I have been so excited about this all week (even though I was also terrified) to learn about healthy ways to tone my muscles. Well, let me just say I am still sore and it's Thursday. I did go on the treadmill last night but I had no idea how much weight training would kick my butt!! It's a good feeling though. I feel pride with every wince and painful reach. The fact of the matter is I would have NEVER seen a trainer 85 pounds ago. I hated sweating in front of people before and I especially hated feeling vulnerable by working out in front of other people. He had me doing bridges on a mat on the ground in the weight room and I did it with a smile on my face (ok a half smile). But it makes me feel so good knowing that I am showing commitment to this journey. I lost 1.6 this week. For me that is not typical and it made me upset at first. I honestly expected more. I ate healthy, went to the gym 4 days and made good choices. I'm not sure if it's because I'm gaining muscle or because I'm sore and my muscles are inflamed or if I just had an off week. But the point is, I feel good. I have never felt so alive and energetic! My sweet friend Heather said to me after my weigh in tonight, "screw the scale, just look in the mirror". Thanks Heath ;) So I will keep going and whip my sore muscles into shape and be proud that I have surpassed my own expectations so far and be proud of my accomplishments!!!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog on pinterest and really love what I have read so far. You are an amzing inspiration. I joined WW in August and have lost 65lbs so far. I have support with Etools, but it's nice to see someone else going through a similar path.

    ReplyDelete