Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary to my new Life!!!!

I can not believe how fast a year goes by.  Over the past, short year my life has changed dramatically!  Exactly 1 year ago today, I walked into Weight Watchers scared to death, reluctant and hopeless.  I was in extremely poor health.  High blood pressure, borderline high cholesterol and probably one donut away from diabetes.  I couldn't even walk up the stairs in my house without becoming winded and needing a break before I carried on with whatever I needed to get done.  I was very lazy.  A regular couch potato.  I never, ever exercised.  I had horrific eating habits and could easily eat fast food for every meal.  I was also afraid of everything.  I would make up an excuse to skip school functions for my kids because I just couldn't stand having people stare at me.  I would get to a destination early just so I could circle around looking for the closest spot to park in.  I had become accustomed to my limited movement and maximum appetite.  I would watch weight loss t.v. shows (while sitting on my butt with a junk food) wishing that could be me, but never dreaming it could be.  I had even contimplated surgery.  That was before I walked through those doors of my first meeting at Weight Watchers.       

What a difference a year makes.  12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days.  That's all it took for me to completely change my life and become a new person.  I never thought in a million years that I would be blogging 1 year later with a 156 pounds lost and a near perfect bill of health.  No more blood pressure and labs are great!  I have gained so much more during these past few months than I ever thought possible.  I have gained confidence, power, strength but most importantly I am more healthy today than I have been in 20 years.  The outlook I have on life is so bright.  This life is better than the woman I was could have imagined or dreamed, watching other people living their lives and wishing it could be me.  It is me.  I am still amazed at how I can easily walk anywhere without pain and shortness of breath.  I have so much energy, I can hardly sit still.  I am always up and moving.  My body craves it.  My willpower is so strong.  I can easily pass on junk food and I use food for fuel rather than pleasure and never over eat.  I no longer get stares or whispers.  People treat me like everyone else, no longer feeling sorry for me. 

I have so many people to thank for helping me get through this past year.  My friends and family have been a catalyst to my success.  All of their encouragement and love pushed me through the more difficult days and gave me the boost I needed every week to continue success.  I will continue to take you all with me as I keep this journey going and look forward to my new, long life with you in my corner.  I am blessed and lucky and I love you all from the bottom of my heart.    

Cheers to life! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww Sandy, this brought tears to my eyes! I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished in just 12 short months! You can do anything you set your mind to. I loved you to pieces before your transformation but I'm so happy that you are living the life that you want to live! Here's to a LONG and healthy life!

    ReplyDelete