Monday, November 1, 2010

My poor hubby...

So as I stated before, it's been a long couple of weeks.  On Tuesday, the 19th, Andrew had another seizure.  It was a very hectic evening and I was helping my mom with something over the phone.  The kids were up and down the stairs, being loud and pretty much just driving me crazy.  Katie was at the top of the stairs and said, "Daddy is dying".  I thought she was playing so I shushed her.  Then she said it again.  This time I yelled up to Andrew and he didn't answer.  I ran upstairs and he was in the middle of a very bad seizure.  He was on the floor and Joe and Nathan were yelling at him to get up.  I panicked and kept trying to dial 911 but accidentally hung up on them 6 times in my panic state.  It was awful.  He finally came to after about 45 seconds (it felt like hours).  He had no idea what had happened and he was definitely incoherent.  My poor babies were so scared.  We spent the next 5 hours in the E.R. while my mom watched the kids.

He's a lot better now.  It's been almost 2 weeks and he's finally able to eat solid foods again.  He bit his tongue really bad and it hurt severely to chew.  So he's been using a straw to sip aapplesauce by the gallons!  It was a horrible experience, one we never want our kids to go through ever again.  We are all watching him like a hawk and he is seeing a doctor and getting to the bottom of the problem. 

So keep us in your prayers, our family would really appreciate that!      

No comments:

Post a Comment